Henry A. Davidsen: Master Tailors & Image Consultants, Philadelphia’s leader in custom tailored clothing, is once again challenging Philadelphians to donate gently worn professional wear in support of Career Wardrobe.
This year’s challenge: 5,000 suit items between April 2nd and May 7th.
Just in time for spring cleaning, President and founder of Henry A. Davidsen, Brian Lipstein is once again raising the bar, requesting Philly men to donate gently worn suits, sport jackets, dress shirts, ties, dress pants, belts, and shoes in support of local unemployed men.
All professional attire collected during the month-long initiative will go directly to Career Wardrobe, a Philadelphia-based nonprofit providing a professional wardrobe to unemployed, low-income men – from laid-off workers to recovering substance abusers to veterans.
“Based on the previous two year’s overwhelming success we are excited to support such a worthy organization again,” said Lipstein. “Career Wardrobe outfits these men from head to toe so they can walk into a job interview not only looking the part but feeling confident, which is in line with what we do here at Henry A. Davidsen.”
Clothing will be collected at the following participating businesses: (check back for updates and additional locations to be added throughout the drive).
- Henry A. Davidsen | 1701 Spruce St, 2nd Floor | Philadelphia, PA
- American Executive Centers
- Radnor | 150 N. Radnor Chester Rd. | Suite F-200
- Plymouth Meeting | 600 W. Germantown Pike | Suite 400
- Center City | 1515 Market St. | Suite 1200
- Marlton | 10,000 Lincoln Drive East | One Greentree Centre | Suite 201
- Malvern | 101 Lindenwood Dr. | Suite 225
- Bala Cynwyd | Two Bala Plaza | Suite 300
- Expert Technology Associates | 400 Davis Drive | Plymouth Meeting, PA
- Rife Real Estate Group at Keller Williams Real Estate | 625 W. Ridge Pike, Building F Conshohocken, PA
- Ron Jaworski Management and Golf Courses
- Blue Heron Pines | 550 Country Club Drive | Galloway Twp, NJ
- Downingtown Country Club | 93 Country Club Drive | Downingtown, PA
- Honey Run Golf Club | 3131 S. Salem Church Rd. | York, PA
- Ramblewood Country Club | 200 Country Club Parkway | Mount Laurel, NJ
- Riverwinds Golf & Tennis Club | 270 Eagle Point Rd. | West Deptford, NJ
- Running Deer Golf Club | 1111 Parvin Mill Rd. | Pittsgrove, NJ
- Valleybrook Country Club | 200 Golfview Drive | Blackwood, NJ
- Kistler Tiffany Benefits | 400 Berwyn Park, Suite 200 | 899 Cassatt Road | Berwyn, PA
- The Safegard Group, Inc. | 100 Granite Drive, Suite 205 | Media, PA
- CertaPro Painters of the Main Line | 3539 West Chester Pike | Second Floor | Newtown Square, PA
- Zarwin Baum Devito Kaplan Schaer & Toddy P.C. | 1818 Market Street | 13th Floor | Philadelphia, PA
- Springford Country Club | 48 Country Club Rd. | Royersford, PA 19468
- Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young, LLP | 2005 Market Street, Ste. 2600 | Philadelphia, PA 19103
To kick off our suit drive, we’re delighted to announce that we’ll be hosting our Spring Wardrobe Event, running from April 5th-7th. This is a great opportunity to add to your custom clothing collection while helping Henry A. Davidsen support Career Wardrobe even further.
We have some very exciting promotions, including:
- 20% off cloth by Dormeuil
- Buy 6 shirts, get the 7th at no charge
- Complimentary shirt monogramming
- Each purchase enters you into a raffle to win a handmade sport coat from Dormeuil fabric
On top of this, Henry A. Davidsen will donate 10% of each purchase to Career Wardrobe. Your custom clothing investment will have a direct, positive effect on men looking to re-enter the workforce.
In a rare turn of events, we will be hosting open hours at the showroom for this event. Stop by, see what’s new, and support a great cause!
Suits & Sazeracs
On Monday May 7th, the final day of the suit drive, guests will celebrate at Suits & Sazeracs, a spirited cocktail competition bringing together top bar talent from across the city while raising funds to donate in addition to the clothing collected. This inaugural event will be held in the beautiful ballroom of Hotel Palomar and is generously co-sponsored by Bluebird Distilling and Square 1682.
To help spread the word about the Suit Drive, Henry A. Davidsen is encouraging people to share the #HDSuitDrive hashtag on their social media when they donate.
“The Suit Drive gives men looking to re-enter the workforce a chance at a new beginning said Lipstein. “Through this campaign, we have an opportunity to truly make a difference in people’s lives and communities.”
ABOUT HENRY A. DAVIDSEN
Henry A. Davidsen Master Tailors & Image Consultant’s offers perfectly tailored professional and special occasion clothing by appointment only. Exclusively located on the second floor at 1701 Spruce St. Philadelphia, PA, Henry A. Davidsen offers one-on-one consultations for the finest custom tailored clothing, casual wear, accessories and image consulting for professionals. Awarded several prestigious “Best of Philly” awards from Philadelphia Magazine, and the Small Business Excellence Award for Customer Service by the Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce, Henry A. Davidsen was founded in 2006 and is owned and operated by CEO Brian Lipstein. For more information about Henry A. Davidsen please visit www.henrydavidsen.com.
ABOUT CAREER WARDROBE
Career Wardrobe is a nonprofit social enterprise that uses clothing and professional development to empower unemployed individuals to work. The Boutique is the cornerstone of the program and provides professional clothing to individuals in transition. Job seekers can shop at no cost with a referral or for a small fee if they are not receiving government assistance. In Philadelphia, the Boutique is also open to public where savvy shoppers can find great deals on women’s and men’s designer and contemporary clothing with all sales supporting our services. For more information, visit www.careerwardrobe.org