How to Choose the Right Wristwatch for Your Style and Personality
If you’re looking to purchase a new watch or replace an outdated one, and have no clue where to start, you’ve come to the right place. The modern-day man should look and feel his best at all times. No matter what, people are going to pass judgments on the way you dress and accessorize yourself, and that includes the watch on your wrist. Luckily for you, the professional image consultants at Henry A. Davidsen are here with three valuable tips that will help define your personality and choose the correct wristwatch for your style and budget.
1. Design Styles
As you probably already know, watches come in many different design styles ranging from casual to highly sophisticated. So, you’ll want to choose a design style that fits the image you’d like to convey, and that also works as the perfect accent to your wardrobe and other accessories.
A good rule of thumb: the bulkier and / or more complex a watch’s design, the more casual it is, and vice-versa.
- Casual – Comfortable, practical, playful, extremely versatile.
- Sporty – colorful, dynamic, durable, sometimes rugged.
- Sophisticated – sleek, tasteful, professional, finely crafted.
2. Watch Color Scheme
Another important component when selecting the right watch is its color. Today, you’ll find that watch dials, cases, and straps are made in every color in the rainbow, but we’re going to stick to three basic color groups.
- Black – A black watch is the equivalent of a little black dress for a woman and conveys elegance and sophistication. An additional benefit to black: it’s always on trend.
- Brown/Gray – Less formal than black but still potentially dressy, it’s a great color scheme to choose if you want to send a relaxed and laid-back vibe.
- Bright – Very informal, fun, and flashy, bright colors are cutting-edge and found mostly in sports watches for the man with an active lifestyle.
3. Brand Selection
Watch manufacturers are excellent at creating timepieces that help complement the varying styles and personalities of their buyers. While some can pull off the elegant and classy design of a Rolex, some men are better suited with an innovative Hublot piece. Which category do you fall into?
- The Thinker – The move-makers and up-all-nighters, these guys are constantly coming up with new ideas. The thinker needs an innovative watch that can keep up with them. A hybrid smartwatch that can record ideas on the go is the ideal for this personality.
- The Social Butterfly – This personality type is constantly out and about, either networking, at work events, or just meeting new people. Social butterflies sure do a lot of handshaking, so why not complement your wrist with a real show-stopper? Consider a neat and refined Cartier that will turn heads everywhere you go.
- The Trendwatcher – As trends come and go, there isn’t one particular brand that would fit into this category. However, there are some brands that tend to offer the trendiest options like Apple, Michael Kors, and Movado.
- Mr. Practical – Omega brand watches are reliable, durable, have an easy to read dial, and aren’t too showy.
For more help selecting a watch, or another accessory that suits your constantly evolving person, stop by Henry A. Davidsen, Philadelphia’s premier suit store, today!